What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Columbus
You know you need to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it provides shelter for your family and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the ideal type of home protection? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary considerations you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Columbus and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to an external monitoring service that is prepared to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. When a window sensor trips or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists are issued a warning immediately. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and dispatch the appropriate first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with a backup team. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you have to act to get it resolved. This option is the more affordable alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Columbus
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are on vacation, asleep, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring professionals are always standing by to help. They’ll react quicker to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better equipment and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will get access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Many people would prefer to have the install taken care of by qualified professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be satisfactory for most as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Columbus
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: DIYers may deem this to be a benefit as they can install the system themselves and avoid an added fee. Other residents might wish to use a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may integrate components when you want - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find incorporating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t get a security notification? This scenario will generate added stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you want assistance during the installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Columbus
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Columbus from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the best solution for you. Dial (614) 368-9896 today to customize your package.