How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Columbus
Security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—a display that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of tools all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Columbus.
How To Set Up Your Columbus Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is installing your devices in the right spots within your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or den. It’s also a good move to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your patio, drive, and backyard, garage, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations around your home that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your family needs to be a chief regard before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the foundation for getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Columbus. The features described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device whenever unusual movement is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start filming when activity is detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to film and store clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: The majority of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with people via the unit. With ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re home or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and provides a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your video surveillance are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the sense unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Columbus is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (614) 368-9896 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.