The latest smart security solutions are becoming more capable every year. Even so, you may still fail to complete simple security chores like arming your home security, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these chores ever again? With geofencing in Columbus, you can just drive off to work and have your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Columbus For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you can customize within your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to communicate with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto a single network. You can set up specific boundaries around your home and program what actions you want to take place when you move beyond the specified border.
To illustrate, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you could instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
These are a handful of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your property’s security system in Columbus. With the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera notices strange movements around your property.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Make your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and temperature settings.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Columbus
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (614) 368-9896 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.