Do Home Security Systems Work In Columbus?
If you’re the same as many residents, you want your home to be secure all the time. but, do home security systems work in Columbus?
The easy answer: yes. But you should pick the right system to benefit the most from your home security. Not only will the sensors and alarms provide excellent peace-of-mind, the modern equipment has a level of efficiency and control you may not have thought about previously. By using home automation, surveillance, and access through a smartphone app, you can make your life [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy expenditures.
Let's take a minute and explore why a home security system is a good recommendation for your property.
Indispensable Home Security Components
So you can ensure your Columbus home security system works to its potential, you have to get these necessary security features:
- Door and window sensors: You might find this unusual, but many burglars come into your home by the front door. The other most recurrent targets are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, entryway sensors are deemed the foundation of your home security. When the security system is activated and your door or window sensors are tripped, the loud, high-decibel siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Don’t look for confusing pin pads, as state-of-the-art smart screens now arm and disarm your entire system. These touch screens can also control your automation, cameras, and monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best home security allow you direct every segment of your security system through a mobile app. Now if an alarm or sensor senses something unusual, you will see a pop-up alert to your smartphone. Also, arm and disarm your entryway alarms anywhere, program smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- Security signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a yard sign or a window cling, they will alert a would-be burglar that your property is protected.
Will A Security System Protect Your Property In Columbus?
While it could feel like an exaggeration to install sensors and set-up a smartphone app when you already use deadbolts and live in a safe town, studies support the notion that a security system can help protect your house. For example, a report from Rutger University concludes that most burglars will actively avoid properties with a security system installed. Instead they’ll look to hit a faster house that is left unsecure.
That meshes with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses don’t have a security system. In other words, they are 300% more likely to be vandalized than houses that are secured. And while displaying that your home have an alarm helps discourage instructions, other components -- like smart lights and doorbell cameras -- can also boost your home security system.
Of course, ADT home security can do more than ring an siren. Nowadays you can use some needed services that make a home security system safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a alarm system work in Columbus without round-the-clock monitoring? Relying on a outside experts is always the best ideas and round-the-clock monitoring from trained agents can make certain the authorities get there quickly after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring professionals can watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re not on site to hear the siren, they’ll notify you and the emergency agency after a tripped component. Even if you’re in the house, you can make sure family members and furry companions are all wrangled up.
Use The Same Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, CO, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you order your security system, you can choose to install more than intrusion prevention. equipment like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be integrated into your complete system. If an emergency is detected, your devices will respond just like your security alarms. Then when the high-decibel bell goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring agents are notified, and a notification will come to your smartphone.
You can even use a panic button, which is effortlessly connected to you or a loved one via a lanyard, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If someone you live with is a fall emergency or a serious medical condition, they can simply hit a two-finger button to call emergency services.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Modern smart home components bring you a tier of management and convenience you’ve never got before. They can make your home more energy-savvy and responsive. And when you connect smart devices to your home security system, they will also make your property more secure. For instance:
- Program your smart lighting on a pre-set schedule to make it seem that your home is occupied when you’re gone.
- Have your indoor smart bulbs turn on as your doorbell camera senses unusual motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to secure your smart locks, flip off your smart lights, and lower the thermostat when you go to work.
- Program custom scenes so you can pre-program your lighting, smart thermostat, sensors, and other components with one tap of a button.
- Or simply check up all your alarms and cameras and control your alarms and cameras with your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save with automation, and you’ll realize how much you will want a modern security system in Columbus. You can even direct your components with your voice when you pair your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A Watch On Your House With Wireless Cameras
Security signage and proper lighting are wonderful intrusion obstructions, but security cameras can take your defense to a higher plane. The last thing an intruder is looking for is to be seen on a security camera as the 30-second clip may be used against them in a police investigation. You can install indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds 24/7.
Do you need to check out the commotion you heard outside? Would you want to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has your package been delivered yet? All you need is to get the live feed from your home security app. You could also allow alerts on your smartphone whenever a guest approaches or the camera detects abnormal motion. Then talk with guests with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Custom-Build Your Home Security System In Columbus?
Need help to create a home security that works in Columbus? Our ADT agents will custom-build the most useful alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be incorporated into one comprehensive plan. Contact us directly at (614) 368-9896 or complete the form below.